Mike is passionate about the in-house law department segment of the legal market. He speaks frequently on the merits of an in-house career path and writes the monthly career advice column for Corporate Counsel. That’s why candidates listen when Mike calls to make that critical first impression on behalf of your company. Mike has placed well over 300 attorneys into positions with corporate legal departments over a twenty-year career in corporate counsel search work.
Mike founded Evers Legal Search in 1997.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law
- Practiced employment law at Blank Rome (AmLaw 100 firm)
- Undergraduate degree, Indiana University
- The Second City Training Center improvisation program (that means he is a good listener)
- Mike’s charitable board service has included the “Free the Children” scholarship organization and the youth hostel based in Chicago.
- Mike was a tutor for eight years in the Midtown Education Foundation program.
- Mike is presently engaged as a Big Brother in the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chicago program.
Mike is available for speaking and press engagements
Meredith has been recruiting in-house attorneys to corporate legal departments for over 20 years. Meredith worked for two national executive search firms from 1979 to 1988. But she saw the potential of specializing in legal search and opened her own practice in 1988 to focus on attorney placement.
She joined forces with Mike Evers in 1999.
Meredith was an early board member and long-term leader of the National Association of Legal Search Consultants, the not-for-profit educational and regulatory body that promotes ethical recruiting standards.
Mike's latest column on Law.com
Mike Evers is the Career Advice Columnist for Corporate Counsel Magazine